Building a house is a daunting and confusing process. We’ve prepared a step-by-step guide to help you understand the process of building a house, from the planning stage to the handing over of the keys.
All projects are different and some have a lengthier process than others, but the first stages of a building project are usually pretty similar.
1. Finances are grown to fund the build.
2. The site upon which the house will be built is bought.
3. Contractors and builders are sought.
4. House and landscaping plans are developed.
5. Construction begins:
-Foundations are laid down
-Framing & roofing installed
-Plumbing & electricals
6. Interiors and smaller details are fitted out.
7. Inspections are carried out.
This is just a basic guide, however it may help you to understand the construction process better. It will help you to understand the project as things move along.